To promote transforming community development processes that are socially, economically and ecologically sustainable.
- To improve the economic, social and ecological situation of the families in the communities where the AKF School works by these means:
- Promote ecologically sound agricultural production (agro-ecological production)
- Encourage microenterprises linked to agro-ecological pruduction that provide alternatives so that families an use their available resources more effectively.
- Engage the participation of adolescents and young people in this effort, contributing to the reduction of their emigration to other countries
- To promote, encourage, and facilitate space and opportunities among the communities in the South as well asbetween communities of North and the South and develop training and communication processes that give potencial to:
- Creativity in the search for sustainable alternatives that are transformative and liberation.
- The promotion of equality, respect for life and biodiversity as an individual and collective contribution to society with a focus on sustainability.
- To work for the recovery and conservation of the environment in which we live, by encouraging sustainable use of natural resources through:
- Energy alternatives,
- Agro-ecological production,
- Protection of biodiversity,
- Appropriate handling of waste and garbage through experimentation, environmental education, interchange of experiences and ecotourism.
As the AKF School and Kairos Family we will work to intercede the effects caused by the social-economic and environmental deterioration that forces the young people of rural communities to migrate from their home to seek employment. To achieve this objective we must face the need to transform the roots and causes of these problems.